SiriusXM is seeking a part-time coordinator to work with members of the Music Programming team in order to create superior radio programs as needed.
About the Company:
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, they are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners.
Works with members of the Music Programming team to create superior radio programs as needed. Supports creative processes, content development and production. Exercises both creative abilities and technical skills. Edits materials and operates an audio board. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives daily assignments from Senior Director, Music Programming Operations or Manager Music Programming Operations and Program Director.
- Gains an understanding of the music scheduling software and automation system.
- Properly enters song information and non-music elements into music scheduling software and automationsystem maintaining required royalties data.
- Maintains Music Master library; including necessary attribute coding and royalties related song information.
- Develops an understanding of and performs audio editing, fades and inserts correct digital markers that sound the most appealing based on music/content selection and channel genre.
- Loads audio elements into music automation system.
- Pulls listeners requests and calls from electronic webmail.
- Ensures on-air hosts receive daily music logs and updated talent schedules generated from music scheduling software.
- Monitors assigned specialty programming for content and technical quality control; verifying accurate start time of program(s) and prepares programming for On Demand.
- Serves as an in-studio Producer, ensuring that live broadcasts air smoothly by maintaining proper audio levels, firing elements at proper times, and troubleshooting technical issues under pressure.
- May assist Program Director with writing station sweepers, imaging, promos and selecting specific music.
- May write, obtain/record, schedule and archive Artist IDs and Interviews.
- May research, edit and disseminate show prep materials and line copy to on-air talent.
- Assists with the coordination of music projects by compiling research data and learns how to interpret data.
- May participate in music meetings -- may monitor format charts, trade journals and music sales figures to be as knowledgeable as possible about assigned format(s).
- May screen incoming calls and messages and selectively choose callers and messages to go on-air, for the purpose of enhancing program content.
- May act as liaison to music artists during celebrity visits and communicates with music labels, as directed by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 6-12 months of music programming related experience at a satellite, traditional commercial, and/or college radio station.
Interested candidates can apply through Indeed.