Novation has revealed the latest offer for members of its Sound Collective community: the availability of Tracktion’s BioTek for free and a 30% discount off BioTek 2. BioTek will be available for download from Jan. 31 to April 4, and the 30% discount off BioTek 2 runs from Jan. 31 to May 4.
BioTek is a powerful, innovative virtual instrument that combines synthesis and sample playback across four layers, within a single-screen interface. Get straight to the point with preset-specific macros, or go deep in the full-on Edit mode – BioTek’s empowering workflow lets the adventurous sound designer find their own path.
BioTek's features include:
• Innovative interface lets you tweak prescribed macro-assigned parameters or drill down to into the specifics of each preset
• Four virtual analogue/sample playback oscillators
• 4-operator FM, oscillator sync, PWM, ring modulation and waveshaping
• Two multimode filters with a wide range of modes and slopes, plus EQ and distortion
• 200 modulation routings and 32 modifier routings
• Four envelopes and eight Flow LFOs, each with eight parallel sub LFOs • Four serial effects
• Sample and MIDI file import
BioTek 2 builds on the foundations laid by its predecessor, adding a host of features, including new oscillator and filter types, a dedicated browser page and 100 presets by electronic music legend Richard Devine.
Additional features in Biotek 2 include:
• Spinal Saw oscillator mode allows up to 11 detuned sawtooth waves
• Granular oscillator mode slices samples into grains for playback manipulation
• 6/12/18/24dB Transistor Ladder and 12dB Sallen Key low-pass filter types
• Automation of all parameters
• Dedicated browser with filters and full-text search
• 500+ factory presets, including 100 by Richard Devine
Sound Collective is a community hub that offers regular free software downloads and generous discounts on high-end plug-ins. To join Sound Collective, simply register any Novation product, then look out for a new offer every couple of months. Visit novationmusic.com/sound-collective.