Cirque du Soleil is seeking a multi-instrumentalist: a guitar-mandolin-accordion player to be part of an arena show touring in North America in 2017.
Duration of contract: one year starting May 2017, with an annual renewal option.
• Aged 18 years or above
• Excellent technical skills on acoustic, classic and electric guitar
• Good technical skills on accordion and mandolin
• Excellent level of interpretation of music styles such as klezmer, tango, flamenco, pop and other world music
• Ability to perform improvised solos on guitar and accordion
• Good understanding of English or French
• Solid and varied stage experience
• Good physical shape
• Extensive musical vocabulary
• Experience with in-ear monitors a strong asset
• No fear of heights
• Ability to work in a constantly evolving context and environment
• Valid passport
Application materials include:
• two photos (one headshot and one full-body shot)
• video excerpts of the following elements:
-one-minute presentation to the camera: tell us your name, general background and the reasons for your interest in joining Cirque du Soleil
-recent footage of an actual performance or rehearsal, in which we can see you performing on guitars and accordion
-video recording of the Corteo’s guitar, mandolin and accordion specific audition kit
(Use this link to access the kit: app.box.com/s/xll8y0h0f61ey0yr3sw4dcbnuk16dk11)
The deadline to apply is Monday, Nov. 28.
Candidates can send questions to Charles.St-Onge@cirquedusoleil.com
For more information and to apply, visit cirquedusoleil.com.