Rob Machado, legendary surfer, environmental activist and musician, has put together a lineup for the Second Annual benefit concert for the Rob Machado Foundation (RMF, http://robmachadofoundation.
"I'm excited to be hosting a second RMF benefit concert. I'm honored that Jason, John and Run River North are supporting us," says Rob Machado. "The proceeds from our first event enabled us to do a lot - we've brought gardening programs to San Diego schools and just last month we installed new trash bins at Cardiff Seaside Beach, replacing the rusted old cans that gave seagulls easy access to trash that would then wind up back on the beach - so I can't wait to see how this night unfolds."
Proceeds from the evening will benefit the Rob Machado Foundation, a California-based 501c(3) non-profit private foundation. Founded in 2004, RMF was created to support charities dedicated to environmental programs worldwide. Its primary mission is to provide funding and initiate educational programs focused on helping children understand their contribution towards a healthy earth. With funds raised in the past year - including the 2012 benefit concert, RMF was able to:
- Fund youth Green Team at 2013 Bro-Am, which diverted over 300 pounds of waste from the landfill
- Provide program support for implementation of new, more effective trash bins at Seaside Beach. The new cans were designed with eVocal, produced from 100% reclaimed and recycled material, andpurchased with the help of Sambazon.
- Install trash and recycling bins on school athletic fields
- Fund establishment of Grow Your Own school garden program in San Diego
- Support school greening initiatives with needed materials/supplies
Tickets will be available beginning Friday, Oct. 11, at Noon PT at http://www.bellyup.com/