Luke Combs’ historic success continues this week with his latest single, “Beer Never Broke My Heart,” reaching #1 on both Billboard’s Country Airplay chart and the Mediabase/Country Aircheck chart. This is Combs’ sixth consecutive #1—a first on the Billboard Country Airplay chart—and his fastest-rising single to date (13 weeks). Additionally this week, Combs’ double platinum-certified debut album, This One’s For You, is #1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart for the 44th week—the longest reign ever for a male artist and second-longest for an artist overall following Shania Twain’s Come On Over in 1997 (50 weeks). This One’s For You is also the most-streamed country album of 2019 so far.
“Beer Never Broke My Heart” is the lead single from Combs’ new EP, The Prequel, which is out now via River House Artists/Columbia Nashville and debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart (stream/purchase here). Produced by Scott Moffatt, The Prequel’s five tracks were all recently included in Billboard’s Hot Country Songs Top 25—something not accomplished by any artist in 60 years since Johnny Cash in 1959—which propelled Combs to the largest streaming week ever for a country artist with 73 million on-demand streams (week ending June 13).
Combs will continue his “Beer Never Broke My Heart Tour” this fall including newly confirmed stops at San Diego’s Pechanga Arena, Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center, San Antonio’s AT&T Center, Louisville’s KFC Yum! Center, Los Angeles’ Greek Theatre (two nights) and Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena (two nights).
Luke Combs is Music Connection's August cover star. Click here to read his cover story.
Additional notable achievements and recognitions:
- Recently inducted as the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry
- Awarded CMT Performance of the Year at the 2019 CMT Music Awards for his CMT Crossroads performance of “Beautiful Crazy” with Leon Bridges
- Awarded Top Country Artist, Top Country Male Artist and Top Country Album at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards
- Awarded New Male Artist of the Year at the 2019 ACM Awards
- Awarded Country Artist of the Year at the 2019 iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Awarded New Artist of the Year at the 52nd Annual CMA Awards
- Nominated for Best New Artist at the 61st GRAMMY Awards
- Recipient of a CMA Triple Play Award for writing three #1 songs in a 12-month period
- First artist to simultaneously top all five Billboard country charts for multiple weeks: Top Country Albums, Hot Country Songs, Country Airplay, Country Streaming Songs and Country Digital Song Sales (dated March 9, March 30 and April 6)