Enter the Jim Beam “Make History” Talent Search and win your chance to perform at Canadian Music Week in front of thousands of industry insiders from Canada and around the world. One grand prize winner will win the opportunity to perform live on stage at the 2018 JIM BEAM INDIE AWARDS in Toronto, May 12, 2018. Application Deadline is November 12
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- Competition is open to Indie and emerging artists not signed to a major record label (some restrictions apply)
- All entrants must submit one original song in an mp3 format or submit a live performance video via YouTube to local station website or indies.ca.
- Five (5) indie or emerging artists will be selected from regional entries to perform live at a showcase event at a local live music venue in each participating market (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal) and Halifax (dates and venues to be announced). Fifty (50) finalists in total competition.
- The winning regional artists will be entered into the national competition, where judges will select one band to perform live at the Indies Awards
Perks of applying
- Winning performers will receive a complementary pass to attend CMW’s Music Summit 2018 (valued at $799 CAD) which gives you access to panels and discussions as well as the mentor’s café, where you can connect with industry experts from around the globe