Chosen is the first video-based crowd-judged talent competition game for mobile phones. Spearheaded by David Hyman, former CEO of Beats Music, MOG and Gracenote, Chosen debuted by invitation only and will be free on the iOS App Store.
On Chosen, fans become Judges who must prove their talent-spotting prowess.
• By playing fast-paced, easy-to-play games like “Star Spotting” and “Judge the Judge,” fans prove their star-spotting expertise while being introduced to the Chosen talent pool.
• Playing separately from Performers, Judges earn badges and move up their own leaderboards in pursuit of points, prizes and more.
• As Judges are introduced to new performance videos through gameplay, they can opt to follow Performers and share direct links to their favorite songs.
The second way to play is as a Performer. Performers compete by uploading existing performance videos or by easily creating new ones through the app.
• In “Karaoke Mode,” singers can choose from up to 75 constantly rotating songs culled from a library of over 8, 000 pre-cleared tracks. Chosen’s video karaoke experience includes advanced noise cancelling technology and effects that enable every Chosen karaoke performance to shine.
• With other performance modes including “Lip Sync” and the anything-goes “Perform Now,” any type of artist can participate, from vocalists to violinists, rappers to opera.
• Performers also have access to a suite of audio and video tools to further polish their performance and in-app persona.
• As their social stats explode, Performers will receive direct feedback from Chosen Judges via video critiques while reveling in the glory of being Chosen.
“We designed Chosen for tastemakers, up-and-coming talent and the more than one billion fans of online music videos, traditional reality competition TV shows and mobile gaming,” said Chosen Co-Founder and CEO David Hyman. “On Chosen, fans and performers are able to get in the game in a way that simply isn’t possible while passively watching TV shows like American Idol and The Voice, or endlessly surfing online videos. In addition to being a powerful performance platform, Chosen is a completely new way for fans to interact and engage with music and video content.”
For its inaugural prize, Chosen has partnered with Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. One lucky Chosen Performer will win an all-expenses-paid trip to Bonnaroo 2015 and the chance to perform live on-stage. The winning Chosen Judge will receive an all-expenses paid trip and all-access pass to Bonnaroo for him or herself and a guest. Winners will be announced in early June. Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival takes place June 11-14 in Manchester, TN with a lineup that includes Billy Joel, Mumford & Sons, Florence and the Machine, My Morning Jacket and Alabama Shakes.
Full rules, details and to request an invitation to play Chosen, go to Chosen.fm.