The ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO, happening May 2-4 in Hollywood, CA has dropped their first-panel announcement: Women Behind the Music: A&R Edition
They've assembled a superstar team of A&R execs: Sony/ATV's Jennifer Drake, Epic Records' Ericka J. Coulter, Pulse Music Group's Ashley Calhoun and Roc Nation's Dominique "Domo" Dunn. This quartet of fearless females will help demystify the magical world of A&R, and offer their unique perspectives on how women experience the industry.
At this panel you'll learn about:
- How A&R execs work with songwriters, producers and recording artists to find that perfect match
- The joys and challenges of being a true advocate for a roster of creatives
- Why being a successful music professional comes from being a part of music culture, not just sitting behind a desk
- How A&Rs find and build a killer roster
- How a budding songwriter or artist can catch the attention of an A&R exec
Panel Update 2/22/19:
* Ariana Grande's Sweetener and Thank U, Next collaborators Victoria Monet, Tommy Brown and Charles "Scootie" Anderson will be on hand for a behind-the-scenes look at the pop star's biggest hits.
* Ella Bric, the first woman to take home Producer of The Year at the Latin GRAMMYs will lead a cross-genre hit producers panel also featuring Mike Woods of G-Eazy production duo Rice N Peas.
* GRAMMY 'R&B Song of The Year' winner Joelle James, who took home the award for penning Ella Mai's "Boo'd Up" will share the songs, stories and secrets behind their remarkable success.
* A panel on Atlanta hip-hop led by producer, DJ and music executive Don Cannon informed by his work with 2 Chainz, Jeezy and many more.
Register for the EXPO today. Visit expo.ascap.com/home