The 2022 iHeartRadio ALTer EGO Presented by Capital One celebrated everything Alternative Rock LIVE in front of music fans on Saturday evening with unforgettable performances from All Time Low, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, Kings of Leon, Måneskin, twenty one pilots and WILLOW, at the historic Forum in Los Angeles, California. The event also included special guest performance from Avril Lavigne.
The event broadcasted live across over 75 Alternative and Rock iHeartRadio stations and LiveOne, Inc. (Nasdaq: LVO) (“LiveOne”) exclusively streamed all performances on livexlive.com.
Now in its fifth year, the music of iHeartRadio’s Alternative and Rock stations and the iHeartRadio App came to life with an extraordinary lineup that included these special moments:
- Imagine Dragons opened the 2022 iHeartRadio ALTer EGO with a performance of their biggest hits. As the crowd shouted with anticipation they launched into “Believer,” as confetti blasted into the crowd at the historic Los Angeles venue, the Forum. Frontman Dan Reynolds welcomed the audience by telling the crowd, “What a beauty, what a pleasure to be here, experiencing real music with real, live people.” They kept the show going with “Thunder,” “Enemy,” “Follow You,” and capped it all off with “Radioactive.”
- Italian rock band, Måneskin mesmerized the audience with a performance of their hit songs. Kicking their set off with their breakout hit, “Beggin,” they continued with a high energy performance of their final two songs, “For Your Love” and “I Wanna Be Your Slave.”
- Coldplay followed with a captivating set that included a performance of their hit songs “Higher Power,” followed by “Clocks,” “Fix You,” “Viva La Vida” and more including “People of the Pride,” which Chris Martin described as the group's "first proper rock song." They also performed an acoustic version of “Yellow” before closing out with “My Universe” and “A Sky Full of Stars” – during their performance of the romantic song, two concert attendees celebrated a special moment as a man proposed to his partner while glowing wristbands illuminated the arena (see the special videos attached HERE.)
- All Time Low kicked off their performance at The Forum with “Disaster,” and one of their latest songs, “PMA.” The band also included other recent favorites in their setlist including “Once In A Lifetime,” and “Monsters and more”. As the band’s finale, they performed “Dear Maria, Count Me In” as the crowd went wild.
- Kings of Leon started their epic setlist with “Crawl,” followed by “Waste” and “Time in Disguise.” The crowd went wild as the band started playing their massively popular song “Sex on Fire” and the energy continued as they sang “Find Me” and “On Call.” Before closing out their electrifying set, Kings of Leon finished strong with a run of “Closer,” “Use Somebody” and “Bandit.”
- twenty one pilots wrapped the 2022 iHeartRadio ALTer EGO presented by Capital One with performances of “Stressed Out,” “Heathens” and other favorites including “Ride,” which Joseph sang while making his way up and down rows of a sold-out crowd of excited fans. In addition to their songs, they also covered a few iconic renditions including Elton John’s “Bennie and the Jets” and a blended version of My Chemical Romanance’s “I’m Not Okay” intertwined with “Shy Away.”
- WILLOW kicked off their set with their hit song “t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l,” which was the debut single off their recent album Lately I Feel Everything. They then jumped into “Gaslight” and “Meet Me @ Our Spot” before closing out their set with crowd-pleasing renditions of “Grow” and “Wait A Minute.”
- Surprise guest Avril Lavigne stunned the ALTer EGO crowd with a special unexpected performance of her hits including “Girlfriend,” one of the biggest songs from her 2007 album The Best Damn Thing. Her set also included performances of “Bite Me,” from her seventh album Love Sux, which will be released on February 25. Lavigne rocked out to her early 2000s anthems, “My Happy Ending” and “Sk8er Boi.”
iHeartRadio ALTer EGO Presented by Capital One is part of iHeartMedia’s roster of incredibly successful, nationally recognized concert events, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, iHeartRadio Music Awards, the nationwide iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Concert Tour Presented by Capital One, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina, the iHeartCountry Festival presented by Capital One and the iHeartRadio Wango Tango.
iHeartRadio ALTer EGO Presented by Capital One is an iHeartMedia Production. Proud partners of this year’s event include presenting partner Capital One and Michelob ULTRA Organic Seltzer with more to be announced. For more information, visit iHeartRadio.com/alterego