Every week Music Connection partners up with one of our many advertisers and gives away a musical product to a lucky musical person. The prize could be anything from a new guitar, to voice lessons, to recording time, etc. The Winner's Email is chosen at random every Friday by one of our MC staffers. The Winner is then notified by email or phone. WINNERS ANNOUNCED HERE EVERY FRIDAY AFTER 1 P.M.
UAD-2 SOLO Core PCIe DSP Accelerator Package
Fast and easy access to the world of UAD Powered Plug-Ins.
The UAD-2 SOLO Core DSP Accelerator gives home and project studios a simple, powerful entry point into the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform on Mac or PC. In creating UAD plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment.
The UAD-2 SOLO Core features a single SHARC processor, and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis (PCIe or Thunderbolt), giving your workstation an immediate boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
The UAD-2 SOLO Core includes UA’s “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).
Mac and Windows 7 compatible, the UAD-2 SOLO Core is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.
- - Entry point single-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) compatible with Intel-based Macs* and Windows 7 PCs
- - Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- - Ideal for home and project studios running smaller audio projects
- - Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- - Includes “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- - Can be combined with other UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo / Apollo 16 audio interface
- - Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via compatible chassis** (sold separately)
- - VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible* UAD-2 SOLO Core DSP Accelerator is not compatible with the latest generation Mac Pro (late 2013).** Thunderbolt connectivity is available for Mac only. Visit www.uaudio.com/support/uad for a complete list of qualified PCIe expansion and PCIe-to-Thunderbolt expansion chassis.
Retail Value: $379
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com.