The Something Wicked charitable initiative engages the Salvation Army, Houston Food Bank and Habitat for Humanity to receive donations with support from promoter Disco Donnie Presents and all of the artists, including significant donations from headliners Above & Beyond, Tiësto and Marshmello. The initiative involves the following components:
- $95,000 artist donation program to benefit the Houston Food Bank.
- Disco Donnie Presents to match fan gifts during ticketing checkout to benefit the Salvation Army up to $25,000 USD (club or festival events): discodonniepresents.com/events
- $25,000 donation to the Salvation Army from a Sept 16 benefit concert at Spire, featuring Jauz and Ghastly
- $15,000 donation to The Houston Food Bank from The Houston Strong benefit concert on Sept. 29 in partnership with Kayzo, also featuring Breathe Carolina and Must Die
- $5,000 donation to Habitat for Humanity.
- Fan food drive at the festival gates to benefit the Salvation Army.
- Skilled festival staff labor donations to Habitat for Humanity the week of the festival.
“Harvey was a devastating storm, and our hearts and minds go out to the millions affected, including the thousands of our fans in Texas along with their families. Many fans asked if we would continue with the event after the storm, and we realized what this event meant to them,” said Disco Donnie Presents CEO Donnie Estopinal. “We know these charities excel at swiftly putting relief donations to work in the areas they’re needed most and our fans are the heart of the festival. It is in times of need that we discover the full impact of the electronic music fan community.”
The safety of Disco Donnie Presents fans is the company’s top priority. The festival’s promoter hosts more than 500 events throughout Texas annually. In addition to the Something Wicked charitable initiative, Disco Donnie Presents has focused on charitable initiatives to aid those affected by Hurricane Irma. Matching gifts are also available through Disco Donnie Presents ticketing platform to assist in Hurricane Irma and Maria relief efforts. On September 13, Disco Donnie Presents CEO, Donnie Estopinal personally funded and organized multiple boats that delivered relief supplies to the British Virgin Islands.
For more information, please contact:
SiouxZ SVP of UG Strategies Media
PR For Something Wicked Music Festival