The fourth annual youbloom LA Music Summit & Festival will take place Sept. 29 - 30 and Oct. 1 at music venues in Downtown LA (DTLA) in Northeast LA (NELA). youbloom LA 2016 applications to play are now open. All selected artists receive Summit/Festival passes valued at $100. All international multi-genre acts are invited.
Selected artists are also offered the opportunity to attend the summit and festival (free admission for artists playing and crew, value $100) to learn about the business of the music industry.
In the past youbloom has had music legends giving master classes, keynotes and support to new artists. Last year's conference hosted Nigel Grainge (U.K. A&R legend), Tom Sturges (Prior President of Chrysalis Music), Dede Flemming (Founder of The Do LaB which contributes to Coachella) and more.
What are selectors looking for in artists?
• Strong live performance
• National and international fan base
• Must be original
• Strong online/social presence (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc)
• Strong band image
• Band is responsible for travel and accommodations
• If from Los Angeles, must be willing to "adopt" a band
• One 30-minute set
• Indoor and outdoor performances
• Sound and lighting provided
• Sound engineer on hand
Additional compensation details:
• All selected artists will receive Summit/Festival passes valued at $100
• Inclusion in official youbloom promotion
• youbloomTV interview
Applications close June 13. Artists will be notified by July 5. To apply, click HERE.
Email any questions to [email protected]