Following closely on the success of the revolutionary Carry-on 88-Key Folding Piano and MIDI Controller, KORG has announced the Blackstar Carry-on 49-Key Folding Piano.
Finding a practical solution for piano and keyboard players to practice while traveling has always been a problem. Previously, travel keyboards had smaller keys, while roll-up solutions lacked the feel of a real instrument. But with the Carry-on 49-Key Folding Piano, storage and transport are made incredibly simple thanks to an intuitive, entirely foldable design. When folded, the piano measures just 15.3 inches (39 cm) in length – allowing users to carry it in a small backpack, or put it away when visitors arrive. It weighs just 2.23 pounds (1.01 kg) too, making it a viable lightweight creative option that's ready wherever and whenever inspiration strikes. Thanks to a USB-rechargeable lithium-ion battery, the piano provides eight hours of playing time on a full charge.
With a design like this, one might expect there to be some compromises when it comes to feel, sound and performance. However, that's not the case at all. Each of the 49 keys delivers a proper touch and response. The integrated sound engine boasts 128 voices, offering an extensive library of tones to select from, including acoustic and electric pianos, organ, synthesizer and more. This is bolstered by 128 custom accompaniments and 30 demo songs, which are both especially handy practice tools for mastering various playing styles. The built-in metronome comes standard with six contrasting accent settings.
For silent practice, a stereo 3.5mm headphone output lets users connect their favorite pair. Or, for those looking to perform out loud, use the built-in stereo speakers instead. The Carry-on 49-Key Folding Piano comes with a USB charging cable, sustain pedal and is currently available at a $99.99 price point. For players looking for a full-size keyboard, check out the big brother – the Carry-on 88-Key Folding Piano and MIDI Controller, at a price point of $129.99.
Carry-on 49-Key Folding Piano features
- Lightweight, foldable design perfect for storage and travel
- 49 keys
- 128 custom accompaniments
- 30 demo songs
- Built-in metronome (with 6 accent settings)
- Integrated sound engine boasting 128 different voices
- Silent practice via the stereo 3.5mm headphone output (can also be plugged into an amplifier’s line-in)
- In-built stereo speakers for live practice and performance
- 8 hours of battery life (rechargeable via USB)
- MIDI over USB allows for straight to your device operation - no separate interface is required!
- Natural touch and playing feel thanks to an intuitive keyboard design
- Accessories Included
- USB Charging Cable
- Sustain Pedal
- Note Sheet
- Keys: 49 (Natural Feel)
- Voices: 128
- MIDI over USB
- Transpose Function: Yes, ±6 Semitones
- Octave: Yes, Range from -2 to +2
- Accompaniment Styles: 128, with Selectable Key
- Demo Songs: 30
- Tempo Adjust: Yes, 30-180 BPM
- Metronome: Yes, 6 accent settings
- Internal Speakers: 2x2 Watts (Stereo)
- Headphone Output: Yes, Mutes Speakers for ‘Silent’ Playing
- Volume control: Yes
- Sustain Pedal Input: Yes
- Internal Rechargeable Battery: Yes, Micro USB Charging
- Weight: 2.23 lbs (1.01 kg)
- Dimensions Folded: 15.35 x 4.96 x 1.89 in (390 x 126 x 48 mm)
- Dimensions Unfolded: 30.51 x 4.96 x 0.94 in (775 x 126 x 24 mm)
For more information, visit shop.blackstaramps.com/carry-on-piano-fp49/.