Eventide Audio has announced the availability of Misha, a new type of instrument and sequencer that utilizes a unique, interval-based approach to playing and creating melodies.
Inspired by twelve-tone composition, Misha's sequencer expands upon the tone row technique, allowing for new paths of spontaneous creativity. Modify your sequence using some of the classic techniques such as Prime, Retrograde, or Inverted playback, or completely rearrange your sequence in unpredictable and exciting ways.
Misha comes preloaded with a variety of scales ranging from typical Western scales, microtonal scales, scales that use just intonation, and everything in between. Additionally, two banks of User scales allow you to upload your own scales using the Scala format for further experimentation. Create a simple melody or sequence, change the key and scale, and manipulate the pattern into a whole new creation!
- Innovative 28hp Eurorack instrument/sequencer that utilizes a unique, interval-based approach to playing and creating melodies
- Make sound three ways via MIDI, control voltage (with three independent gate/cv pairs) or outputting waveforms via the audio jack
- External control templates for MIDI and QWERTY keyboards
- 100 factory scales and additional slots for up to 100 user/custom scales (Scala support)
- Tone row-based sequencer inspired by the classic compositional technique used in serial music
- Comprehensive control of sequence playback to easily manipulate and expand upon your musical ideas
- Create rhythmic variations using clock division
- 18 user presets
- CV inputs for external trigger/control sources
- Clock input for syncing to external sources. User configurable PPQ settings
- Audio output for internal oscillator
- Polyphony via 3 CV outputs or MIDI
- Micro-USB for easy firmware updates using Eventide Device Manager
- Micro-SD card for saving/loading scales and settings
Misha is available for $599 from Eventide and authorized dealers worldwide. Visit eventideaudio.com/misha for more information.