The David Lynch Foundation will present the first-ever Festival Of Disruption, curated entirely by auteur filmmaker/artist David Lynch, happening in Los Angeles Oct. 8 - 9. The Festival of Disruption is an immersive experience, with Lynch inviting his favorite musicians, visual artists, virtual reality creators, choreographers, DJs and more to raise consciousness and funds through a two-day event at the Ace Hotel and Theatre in downtown L.A.
The festival will feature the following:
• Performances by Robert Plant & the Sensational Space Shifters, St. Vincent, Rhye, Jon Hopkins, Music from Twin Peaks by Angelo Badalamenti with Sky Ferreira and Xiu Xiu, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith
• Talks by Frank Gehry, Mel Brooks, Kyle MacLachlan & Laura Dern, Blondie's Debbie Harry & Chris Stein
• Photography exhibits by Lynch (curated by Kayne Griffin Corcoran gallery) and Chris Stein
• Virtual reality experiences by Chris Milk
• A new dance piece choreographed by Ryan Heffington
• DJ sets by Questlove and KCRW's Jason Bentley
The first Festival of Disruption also features screenings of rarely seen Lynch short films and classics, daily Transcendental Meditation sessions and more. Indeed, the Festival of Disruption lets fans into the unique world of visionary David Lynch in every way possible.
Tickets will be on sale on Friday, June 24, at 10 a.m. PST in all markets via the festival website.
One hundred percent of the proceeds from the festival benefit the David Lynch Foundation, whose mission is reducing toxic stress and trauma among at-risk populations, including victims of domestic violence, veterans suffering from PTSD and underserved urban youth, through the evidence-based Transcendental Meditation technique. The Foundation has reached more than 500,000 people since founding in 2005.
For more information, visit davidlynchfoundation.org.