Westchester Media, Inc., a leading music education publishing and conference event firm, announced that, in collaboration with The Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication at California State University, Northridge (CSUN), it will host the “Music Creation 2023” conference (MC/23) at CSUN’s Younes and Soraya Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts (The Soraya) on June 23-25. The conference will be presented by CD Baby and sponsored by a host of music industry companies and organizations. For more information, go to mc23.digital.
The mission of the three-day conference is to provide career guidance and networking opportunities “for music makers and those who support them” across all genres and forms of music, with focuses on the music business and creative arts.
The event is an amalgam of some of the best indie music events from years past – bringing together independent artists with industry pros. MC/23 offers an amazing array of relevant topics for today’s music creator and performer via hands-on workshops, inspiring keynotes, and panel discussions on the opportunities for musicians today and tomorrow. With sessions on writing better songs, improving your performance game, becoming a top-notch marketer, building your artist brand, and monetizing your music, MC/23 offers music career advice in an unparalleled environment for creators. Musicians attend to:
- learn the latest tips and techniques from industry experts in digital distribution, online marketing, social media, live performance, songwriting, and more.
- meet and network with over 1,000 fellow independent artists and songwriters, as well as music industry, managers, label execs, recording pros, technologists, and marketers and promoters.
- participate in hands-on sessions and workshops to put your newfound knowledge to work immediately.
- get one-on-one advice from industry experts during exclusive mentoring sessions.
- acquire deep insights and inspiration from successful artists and executives during intimate master classes.