The Americana Music Association has announced details on its annual fundraising drive, which is now open and will run through Dec. 15. Proceeds will go towards meeting the increased demands of the Association's growth and to continue the work of advocating for the authentic voice of American roots music around the world.
The Americana Music Association's Charitybuzz auction can be found here.
Current featured experiences include:
• Attend a house concert with your friends and Rodney Crowell--at Rodney's house!
• Visit and experience a top flight recording session with Buddy Miller
• Songwriting session with Mary Gauthier
• Cabin for two on Sixthman's SOLD OUT Outlaw Country Cruise from Miami to the Cayman Islands, featuring Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, The Mavericks and more!
• Two VIP passes to the SOLD OUT Shore Leave Showdown in Miami, plus private party invitations and three nights accommodation
• Private tour of the Grammy Museum with Executive Director Bob Santelli
• Lunch with Super Agent Jonathan Levine of Paradigm Talent Agency
• Dinner with legendary radio promoter Al Moss
• Power lunch with Rounder/Sugar Hill senior management Cliff O'Sullivan, Tracy Gershon and Gary Paczosa
• Two FRONT ROW tickets to see Willie Nelson and Kacey Musgraves at Austin City Limits and a private tour for two of Moody Theater in Austin, TX
The Americana Music Association relies on the financial support of the community to sustain its various projects throughout the year. Described by Emmylou Harris as a group "living on the fringe of the mainstream," the feisty not-for-profit has spearheaded numerous initiatives to fight for artist rights and to raise the profile of the Americana community.
This past year, the Americana Music Association has been galvanizing the community in support of artist rights in the congressional debate, spreading the mission at events such as the 3oA Festival, SXSW and partnering to curate the “Americana Series at the Grammy Museum” in Los Angeles, “State of the Union” in partnership with Newport Folk Festival at City Winery locations nationwide and the prestigious “AmericanaFest NYC” in partnership with Lincoln Center in New York City. All of these efforts serve to further highlight Americana artists and the community.
For more information, visit americanamusic.org.