Guitar Center’s Singer-Songwriter has launched its fifth installment, offering aspiring singer/songwriters across the country the chance to take their careers to the next level. Joining the fold of advisers this year is Dallas Green of City and Colour who will lend his talents as a mentor to the winner, guiding them through the writing and recording process.
Guitar Center’s Singer-Songwriter 5 Winner Will Receive:
• Four-song EP and studio time with Ariel Rechtshaid
• Mentoring songwriting session with City and Colour
• Performance slot on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
• $25,000 Cash
• Showcase performance on the Grand Plaza Stage at the 2017 Winter NAMM show
• New gear from top instrument retailers from AVID, Bose, Martin, Gibson Memphis, Shure, Roland, D’Addario, TC-Group, Dunlop, Acoustic Amplification and Zoom
• A write up in American Songwriter Magazine
• A feature on Guitar Center’s Web Series
HOW TO ENTER:
Unsigned singer/songwriters from across the continental United States are invited to submit an original live music performance video at guitarcenter.com/songwriter. Submissions will be ranked on their social media engagement and fan growth throughout the submission period (Sept. 1 – Nov. 2). The top-ranked 150 artists will be reviewed personally by Rechtshaid who will then handpick five finalists to perform live in Los Angeles, CA where one winner will be named.
Submissions close on Monday, Nov 2.
For more information and the rules, visit songwriter.amplifiertv.com/rules