Spotify’s Music team is seeking an exceptional manager with excellent leadership skills and strong relationships in the music industry who is used to working in a dynamic environment to fill the newly created Global Head of Editorial role.
The Global Head of Editorial will be responsible for all Global and North American Editorial functions, including managing the network of editors across all genres and being responsible for setting, refining and executing Spotify’s editorial strategy. The role will work closely with all other Leads in the Music team to make sure Spotify continues to deliver the best editorial experience possible to users by surfacing and programming the very best music in the world.
Qualified candidates should have significant experience working in the music and/or entertainment media space in a curation or programming role and a deep understanding of the global music landscape.
Spotify’s culture encourages innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness. There is a strong focus on continuous self-improvement, learning through experimentation, and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance.
The role will report directly to our Global Head of Music and will be based out of our NYC or LA office.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of music editors across genres and audiences
- Set and execute the editorial strategy of the company
- Partner with other leads to define and execute the Music team’s initiatives
- Work closely with local heads of music to broaden the local and global ecosystems
- Serve an ambassador to the company with the creative community
- Be a leader in the Music team
- Travel locally and internationally on a regular basis
- You will be based out of our NYC or LA office
Who You Are
- You have a deep knowledge of the music industry and music culture
- You have managed large creative teams in the past
- You are curious about travel, geography, and culture
- You have an academic degree and significant leadership experience with an established digital music service, record label or artist management company
- You are a strong leader and influencer who is able to foster a healthy team culture
- You are able to build close working relationships with peers and management across broad and complex geographic regions
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken English.
- You have experience in marketing, strategy and operations, music and technology
- You are a strong communicator with excellent negotiating and people skills
- You possess strong analytical skills, own the ability and drive to continuously source, analyze and interpret data, using it to set performance targets and long-term business goals
- You are well organized, with the ability to plan and deliver
- You have a disciplined approach to managing processes and streamlining workflows
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.
To apply click here.