Two names have been added to the roster of co-hosts and presenters for the second annual Pensado Awards. Prominent TV personality, producer and musician Randy Jackson (American Idol, Journey, etc.) has joined on as co-host for the ceremony, and legendary producer Quincy Jones has been added as a presenter. This year’s festivities will take place on Sunday, Aug. 30, at Sony Pictures Studios. A video production of the ceremony will follow and be posted on the Pensado’s Place YouTube channel.
Read More: Celebrate the Uncelebrated at Pensados
Although most recognizable from his long tenure as judge on American Idol, Jackson’s career includes his credits as musician, songwriter, Grammy Award-winning producer, record-industry executive, business entrepreneur, best-selling author, talent manager, television producer and beloved television personality.
Named by TIME Magazine as one of the six most influential Jazz artists of the 20th Century, Jones is an impresario. Over six decades, Jones’ career has encompassed the roles of composer, record producer, artist, film producer, arranger, conductor, instrumentalist, TV producer, record company executive, television station owner, magazine founder, multi-media entrepreneur and humanitarian. Among his successes are the three albums he produced with Michael Jackson, including Thriller.
Herb Trawick, Co-host/Executive Producer and Creator of Pensado’s Place, as well as the Manager and Advisor to Co-host Dave Pensado, states, “Randy and Quincy are two immediately recognizable figures in our industry, and their candor, expertise and pursuit of quality go hand-in-hand with what the Pensado Awards are all about.”
Jackson joins the previously announced co-hosts—producer-engineers Chris Lord-Alge (Muse, Pink, Foo Fighters, Avril Lavigne, Green Day, Daughtry, Paramore, Black Eyed Peas), Sylvia Massy (Tool, System of a Down, Johnny Cash, Red Hot Chili Peppers), Young Guru (Jay Z, Beyoncé, Mariah Carey) and Justin Meldal-Johnsen (Beck, Nine Inch Nails, others).
Quincy Jones joins the list of previously announced presenters:
• producer/recording artist Dave Stewart
• producer/engineer Al Schmitt
• producer-engineer Ed Cherney
• producer-engineer Tony Maserati
• Capitol Studios executive Paula Salvatore
• mix engineer Manny Marroquin
• engineer Andrew Scheps
• engineer and studio head John McBride
• engineer Ann Mincieli
• producer/engineer Ross Hogarth
• studio executive Rose Mann-Cherney
• engineer/producer Joe Barresi
• songwriter Nina Woodford-Wells
• mastering engineer Maor Appelbaum
• Ableton-Certified Trainer and electronic musician Yeuda Ben-Atar
• EastWest studio manager Candace Stewart
• Larrabee studio manager Amy Burr
• songwriter/producer/engineer Kuk Harrell
• Bobby Lombardi (Market Development, G-Technology)
• vocalist Patti Austin
• AES Executive Director Bob Moses
• NAMM President Joe Lamond
• The Recording Academy P&E Wing Managing Director Maureen Droney
• mix engineer Luca Pretolesi
• producer/musician/engineer Greg Wells
• songwriter/vocalist Siedah Garrett
• Studio at the Palms manager Zoe Thrall
• electronic artist and producer DJ Ali.
Music will be curated by acclaimed turntablist and Beastie Boys collaborator Mix Master Mike.
Read More: Industry Profile: Pensado's Place
This year’s awards ceremony will be held under the stars in Calley Park, which is located in the center of the Sony Pictures Studios lot. The night will kick off with a VIP reception on the complex’s Main Street area Theatre (aka Capra Park), followed by an afterparty, “Into the Lair,” at the Sony Commissary, which is connected to Calley Park. An “AfterMaster Lounge” in the Rita Hayworth Dining Room will host VIP guests and influencers throughout the evening.
For more information, visit pensadoawards.com.