Legendary musicians and music industry executives will join together to be inducted into the annual Hall of Heavy Metal History induction ceremony on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017, at the Anaheim Expo Center in Anaheim, CA. Television and radio icon Eddie Trunk will host the event.
Proceeds from the event are being donated to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund. Sponsors include: Pepsi, TD Bank, Promark Drumsticks, D.A.D. Evans, and Modern Drummer Magazine.
The 2017 Hall of Heavy Metal History inductees include:
• Ronnie James Dio of Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio (with Wendy Dio accepting the induction)
• Rudy Sarzo, formerly of Ozzy Osbourne and Whitesnake
• Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot, along with a special 33rd Anniversary induction of Quiet Riot as the first band to achieve the No. 1 Heavy Metal album status.
• Lemmy Kilmister of Motörhead (with special guest accepting the nomination)
• Ross "The Boss" Friedman, formerly of Manowar
• Vinny Appice, formerly of Black Sabbath and Dio
• Don Airey of Deep Purple
• Andy Zildjian, President/CEO of Sabian Cymbals
• Randy Rhoads, "Ozzy Osbourne," (with the Rhoads’ family members accepting the induction)
Additional artists and music industry executives will be announced.
"The Hall of Heavy Metal History is dedicated to preserving the legacy of those legendary metal musicians who are often forgotten," says Hall of Heavy Metal History President/CEO Pat Gesualdo. "This event is something the fans have been wanting for a long, long, time. As a non-profit organization, we are also dedicated to working with Wendy Dio and the ‘Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund.’"
A press conference and General Admission entrance will commence at 6:30 p.m. from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. The induction ceremony will take place from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. A VIP Meet and Greet with the celebrity Inductees will take place after the induction ceremony. Live bands will perform throughout the night.
Music fans can be a part of the most important night in heavy metal. Tickets are $25.00 for General Admission, and $75.00 for the meet and greet with the celebrity inductees. A General Admission ticket is required to attend the meet and greet event, which includes pictures and autographs with the inductees, and gift bag with an official VIP pass, a limited edition autographed poster, an official event T-Shirt, an official event program and additional sponsor items.
Tickets are available at thehallofheavymetalhistory.org/store.