There's no better way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day then to rock out to some tunes from the "Foo Fighters live on the Honda Stage at the iHeartRadio Theater in Los Angeles." Hosted by comedian Chelsea Handler, the event included an intimate Q&A and broadcasted live on all iHeartMedia Alternative, Active Rock and Mainstream Rock stations, streamed live for fans on iHeartMedia Alternative, Active Rock, Mainstream Rock, Classic Rock, CHR, Hot-AC, Sports and News-Talk radio station websites as well as iHeartRadio.com/HondaStage.
The exclusive hour-long live event celebrated the success of the band's 8th studio album, Sonic Highways and the April 7 DVD/Blu-Ray and iTunes release of Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways, the critically acclaimed and award-winning HBO docuseries directed by Foo Fighters' own Dave Grohl.
Highlights from the evening include:
- Chelsea Handler asked what their favorite city to tour in and Taylor said, "New Orleans was amazing, but I love Nashville, and I love country music"
- Chelsea added, "I like Nashville too because it's so opposite of everything I believe in."
- David said one of his favorite cities was Boston, because Boston people are bananas, and said, "I mean Los Angeles is cool, look we have leprechauns and dads right here in the crowd!"
- The band revealed they may be doing a residency in Las Vegas sometime soon
- Chelsea responded, " Maybe you can open and close for Britney Spears."
- Taylor said the best part about being in this band is how surprised he is they kept him for so long.
- David Chokachi from Baywatch, and Jack Falahee from the hit show Scandal were rocking out some Foo Fighter classics at the concert.
- The band played the vintage 80s commercial jingle 'Stuck on Band Aids.'
- David revealed that he stole some of his daughter's shampoo and every time he flips his hair back and forth he's thinking to himself, "Damn I smell good."
- Chelsea asked was there any music they were surprised by when they were touring and David said jazz. He also added that when he was 15 years old he would always go to this jazz bar with his mom and dad, and decided to sign up and play for his mother's birthday.
1. All My Life
4. My Hero
5. In The Car
6. Times Like These
7. Something From Nothing
9. These Days
11. Best of You
The Honda Stage is a unique 360-degree, multi-platform music program designed to meet music fans where they are already searching for and consuming music. The Honda Stage at the iHeartRadio Theater Los Angeles brings dozens of live and intimate performances by the hottest acts and offers music fans access to custom live and online music programming and performances, behind the scenes content, artist interviews and more at www.youtube.com/HondaStage.
*Disclaimer: The words expressed in photo blog reviews do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Music Connection Magazine.