Submissions are now open for the 2023 Jim Beam® National Talent Search presented by Canadian Music Week. Canadian artists and bands of any genre from coast to coast to coast are invited to apply online until April 7, 2023 at https://indies.ca/jim-beam-talent-search/
Five National finalists will be selected from their virtual submissions by a panel of handpicked Canadian industry professionals. These pre-selected National Finalists will receive a paid trip to Canadian Music Week with access to Conference and Festival events PLUS the opportunity to perform in the CMW Jim Beam® Showcase on June 6 at the Drake Underground in Toronto. One winner will be determined live at this showcase to play the 2023 Jim Beam® INDIES on June 8 at HISTORY where Charlotte Cardin will play a full concert.
The Jim Beam® National Talent Search winner will receive the following in the 2023 Grand Prize Package:
- Title of the 2023 Jim Beam® National Talent Search
- Open the Jim Beam® INDIES Concert
- Paid trip to Toronto, Ontario during Canadian Music Week in June 2023
- Complimentary CMW Music Summit Registrations; each includes a CMW Festival wristband · One Live Performance Masterclass with Tom Jackson (Taylor Swift, Magic!, Shawn Mendes, LeCrae)
- One original song writing session with Shaun Frank (composer for hit song "Closer" by The Chainsmokers and Halsey)
- One recording session of original song written at Noble Street Studios with studio engineer David Mohacsi who has worked with Alyssa Reid, Three Days Grace, Shaggy, Barenaked Ladies, Summer Walker and many more
- One feature article in CMW’s ‘Making Noise’ series, interviewed and written by Karen Bliss (Billboard, Rolling stone)
- Prize package from Long & McQuade
- Prize package from Canadian Musician
Submissions are being accepted until April 7th, 2023. Entrants must be 19+ in age and perform original music. All genres accepted.