EASTWEST has just released HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS, a new vocal product that will let you type in any word and have it sung by the industry's top backup singers. Produced by Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS features powerful vocals from legendary singers Durga McBroom, Lorelei McBroom, and C.C. White.
Hundreds of WordBuilder 'editable' phrases and words are included with a quickly accessible drop-down menu from genres such as pop, soul, and gospel. If you don’t find the exact one you’re looking for, you can easily type it into WordBuilder manually, in any language.
You’ll never have to search for the right voice talent or book time in a state-of-the-art studio. When you need the perfect vocal harmonies, your HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS will be ready for the job. And your listeners will have a hard time believing they weren’t tracked live.
HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS was recorded with a collection of vintage tube microphones at EastWest Studio 3
, home to hits from the 1960s till the present day, including the Beach Boys masterpiece Pet Sounds
, Mamas and Papas, Blondie, through to modern-day productions from Ariana Grande, Frank Ocean, and Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's Grammy and Academy Award-winning A Star Is Born
Legendary Backup Singers
Each of the amazingly talented singers recorded for HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS come from a rich musical background, having performed with the biggest names in the industry. Durga McBroom and Lorelei McBroom toured with Pink Floyd as backup singers for many years. C.C. White has worked with many iconic artists. She is also the star vocalist of EastWest's product Voices of Soul
- Vowels includes regular and expressive vowel instruments and sustain expressive vowel instruments (which is a combination of the two vowel types). The expressive vowels also have 'LES' versions, which contain additional samples of the vocals recorded through a Leslie speaker cabinet, something Pink Floyd did on many backing vocal tracks. Each instrument is programmed to cross-fade between multiple dynamic layers using the Mod Wheel (CC1).
- Consonants includes b, d, g, j, l, m, n, r, th, v, w, y, and z consonant instruments, as well as an unpitched consonants instrument. Each is programmed to cross-fade between multiple dynamic layers using the Mod Wheel (CC1).
- Combo MOD includes a variety of instruments that use the Mod Wheel (CC1) to switch between multiple layers of regular and expressive vowel types, or in the case of the 'Xfde' sub-folder, use the Mod Wheel (CC1) to cross-fade between these layers. The expressive vowels also have 'LES' versions, which contain additional samples of the vocals recorded through a Leslie speaker cabinet.
- Solo Phrases includes instruments that feature solo phrases and sub-phrases that were recorded over a drone in multiple root note positions for use in a variety of keys and modes. There are 'LES' versions available, which contain additional samples of the vocals recorded through a Leslie speaker cabinet. Each vocalist was recorded as a soloist, whereas the rest of the collection features the 3 vocalists recorded together.
- Keyswitch includes instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument that uses blue-colored keyswitches to activate a given articulation. There are keyswitch instruments available for vowels, consonants, and solo phrases, including 'LES' versions where available.
- WB Multi contains a specially designed multi-instrument that is pre-configured for use with WordBuilder. Simply load the WB Multi containing all the necessary phonetic sounds required to build words, type a phrase in the Text Editor (or choose from hundreds of phrase and word presets) and the backup singers will sing the words.