Vic’s Drum Shop, an independent drum retailer, will host Drum Fantasy Camp at its North Loomis Street location in the Music Garage in Chicago. The camp will be held from Friday, Aug. 7, through Tuesday, Aug. 11, and will feature instruction from innovative and respected drum professionals in the music business, including Steve Smith, Jojo Mayer, Mike Mangini, Benny Greb and Dave Weckl.
“Drum Fantasy Camp’s five world class instructors are among the greatest drummers on the planet today, and I know that the campers will be thrilled to meet them, learn from them and jam with them,” says Victor Salazar of Vic’s Drum Shop. “I'm also looking forward to introducing Vic's Drum Shop to folks who’ve never had the opportunity to visit us.”
Founded in 2007 by drummer Steve Orkin, Drum Fantasy Camp features world-class instructors and attracts students of all skill levels and ages from around the world.
Enrollment in this year's Drum Fantasy Camp will include:
• Six hours per day of master classes (maximum of 15 students per class)
• Daily jam sessions and three Jam Night events
• Bonus classes
• Discounts on exclusive concerts at Martyrs’, one of Chicago’s premier live music venues
• Discounted accommodations at the Crowne Plaza
• Discounted hotel shuttle service to/from the Music Garage
• 10% discount on all purchases from Vic’s Drum Shop that are made throughout the duration of the camp (8/7 - 8/11)
“This year’s Drum Fantasy Camp students can look forward to a wonderful five days of education, inspiration, entertainment and camaraderie,” says Salazar.
For more information or to register, visit the Camp's site.