Capitol Music Group will host the second annual Capitol Royale on Nov. 15-17. This year, the Hollywood music and tech festival will celebrate “Music on the Move.” Bringing together creatives, coders, designers, startups and music fans, the festival will delve into the innovations being made across multiple music touchpoints—including immersive content and music & transportation.
Tickets are on sale HERE for Capitol Royale, which will take place at Capitol Studios and other select Hollywood locations.
Capitol Music Group’s partners for the event include Bose, SDL (adopted by automakers such as Ford, Toyota, Subaru and Mazda), gener8tor, ConsenSys, Bandsintown, Spin, Glitch, Cloudinary, Ones To Watch, Select Management, See Tickets, Universal Production Music and Hypno.
In addition to keynote addresses, panel discussions and networking mixers, the festival will feature a wide variety of musical artists performing throughout the weekend on multiple stages. Together with startup accelerator gener8tor, Capitol will host a Startup Garden with curated, one-on-one pitch sessions between selected startups and venture capitalists and innovation executives from participating companies. Vinyl enthusiasts will enjoy the third installment of Wax Record Fair, presented by Capitol Studios in partnership with The Beat Swap Meet.
Software developers who attend will be able to push the limits of music experiences through challenges hosted by Motown artist Vince Staples and Capitol artist Katori Walker—from in-car entertainment (SDL), to immersive media experiences (Bose AR), to music discovery (Bandsintown), and much more.
Participants in the Hackathon, hosted in part on Glitch’s coding platform, will have access to a catalog of approximately 40,000 pre-cleared audio streaming tracks, as well as a library of production music stems from Universal Production Music. Additionally, Hypno’s instant camera API will allow developers to shoot and mix mini music videos in real-time. Twenty new apps were built at the inaugural Capitol Royale in 2018 and more than $25,000 of prize money was awarded.
Capitol Royale highlights include:
· gBETA Musictech Product Reveals—As the culmination of the seven-week programs for musictech startup companies, graduates of the Motown Accelerator and Los Angeles Accelerator will demonstrate the products they have developed.
· Emerging artists will perform on the Bandsintown Stage, as part of the platform’s Big Break concert series.
· Live Nation’s Ones To Watch will present showcases celebrating emerging artists from all genres throughout the weekend. Heather Lowery via Femme It Forward will also host showcases that highlight the depth, power, and talent of women in music & entertainment.
· The Motown Music Accelerator Stage will present the four musical acts who graduated from the inaugural 12-week Motown Musician Accelerator in Detroit.
· WAX Record Fair in conjunction with Beat Swap Meet will include record and food vendors, an on-site bar and more. A rare tour of Capitol Studios is also available for additional purchase. A variety of artists will be on hand to perform, DJ and sign records.