Entertainment attorney Steve Gordon specializes in music, television, film and video, and has assisted countless artists to navigate the legal aspects of the music business. His new book, The 11 Contracts, is an in-depth guide that will help any songwriter or producer understand binding agreements and help them negotiate favorable deals.
This no-nonsense book follows a refreshingly simple format: Gordon presents a sample agreement and then breaks down the nuances of both the legal and business sides of the arrangement.
Subjects covered include:
• Management Agreements
• Production Company and New Artist
• Indie Label Deals
• Sync Licenses
• Producer Agreements
• Music Publishing Deals
• Composer Agreements
• Live Performance Contracts
• Music Video Production Contracts
• Band Agreements & Business Actions Artists Can Take Without an Attorney
• Investment Agreements
This book is for musicians, songwriters, content producers, bands and managers to better understand the most common, and important documents in the game.
Read More: Producer Deals: Everything an Artist Needs To Know
Online access to the following videos is included with the purchase of The 11 Contracts:
• Gordon on music clearances and licensing
• Gordon and attorney Bob Celestin analyzing management, artist, publishing/producer agreements and the art of hiring a music attorney
Future videos will feature Mark Offenbach of Redlight Management and Austin Rice of Atlantic Records speaking about the role of artist management and record companies in the music business today.
For more information and to get a copy, visit backwingstore.com.