The Association of Independent Music Publishers (AIMP) has released the complete agenda for this year’s AIMP Global Music Publishing Summit, which will take place virtually June 7-9 beginning at 11am ET June 7-8 and 10am ET June 9. Sponsored by Exactuals, the fourth edition of the Summit will span three days, kicking off with Creator Day on June 7, followed by Business of Publishing on June 8, and wrapping with International Day on June 9.
New additions to the Summit include “POWER! The Roots of Today’s Modern Music,” which will headline Creator Day on June 7 with legendary songwriters, producers, artists, and entrepreneurs Hank Shocklee (Public Enemy, The Bomb Squad) and David Porter (Stax Records, Made in Memphis Entertainment). The panel will be moderated by Sharon Tapper, AIMP NY Board Member, NY Grammy Governor, and Co-Founder of NYC3. In addition, U.S. Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), a key supporter in the passage of the Music Modernization Act and co-sponsor of the Ask Musicians for Music Act (AM-FM), will deliver a keynote speech during Business of Publishing on June 8. Tuesday’s program will close with a special presentation from the U.S. Copyright Office and The MLC.
Kicking off Creator Day on June 7 will be a new case-study panel focusing on TikTok, featuring RCA Nashville artist Andrew Jannakos; Derek Wells, Senior Director A&R, Spirit Music Group; Andrew Cohen, Jannakos’ manager at Cohencidence Projects; and MaryAnn Keen, Associate Director of Writer Publisher Relations, BMI. Another new panel on Creator Day titled “Sync Update with the Zync Team” will feature ZYNC’s Marisa Baldy, Chief Creative Officer; Madison Norris, Senior VP, Creative Operations; Shelby DiPerri, Head of Film and Television; Kelly Ross, Head of Creative Licensing | Publishing Business Affairs; and moderator Julia Buchheim, Director of Sync Licensing, Downtown Music Publishing.
The morning of June 9 will kick off early at 10am ET with a networking mixer between the AIMP and the IMPF – an hour of ten-minute breakouts where participants will get to meet and catch up with their colleagues across the pond.
These new sessions and speakers will join previously announced keynoters Craig Wiseman, songwriter, producer, and Founder of Big Loud Publishing, in conversation with musician, publisher, and ASCAP Executive Vice President of Membership John Titta, as well as Gadi Oron, Director General, CISAC. The event will also feature the return of the powerhouse “U.S. Alliance” panel including David Israelite, President and CEO, NMPA; Mitch Glazier, Chairman and CEO, RIAA; Dr. Richard James Burgess, CEO, A2IM; Bart Herbison, Executive Director, NSAI; Teri Nelson Carpenter, LA Chapter President, AIMP; and moderator Portia Sabin, President, Music Business Association, as well as the “International Alliance” panel including Margaret McGuffin, CEO, Music Publishers Canada; Annette Barrett, President/Chair of the Board, IMPF; Will Kreth, EIDR/DDEX; Dr. Kristina Janušauskaitė, Director of European Legal Affairs, IFPI; Michael Lau, NY Chapter President, AIMP, and moderator Ger Hatton, Principal, Hatton.eu.
Registration for the 2021 AIMP Global Music Publishing Summit is now open at aimpsummit.com, with a rate of $139 for AIMP members and $199 for non-members, and single day passes available for $79 per day. AIMP Premier members will receive a 6-month membership extension with their ticket purchase, and non-members will receive 1 year of Professional membership in the Chapter of their choice with their ticket purchase. For larger companies, a discounted group rate for 10 or more passes is available. Students and educators are eligible for a special rate of $60; to qualify, they need to provide .edu address, graduation year, and LinkedIn page information.
To become an AIMP member or to check your membership status, go to aimp.org. Sponsorship opportunities are available; to inquire, email [email protected].
Creator Day – June 7, 2021
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Survey Presentation from EnterGain
- James Celentano, Managing Director
- Mikal Celentano, Managing Director
- Yuna Perry, Senior Advisor
First Panel: TikTok Case Study
- Andrew Cohen, Manager, Cohencidence Projects, Manager of Andrew Jannakos
- Derek Wells, Senior Director, A&R, Spirit Music Group
- Andrew Jannakos, Artist, RCA Nashville
- MaryAnn Keen, Associate Director of Writer Publisher Relations, BMI - Moderator
- Mentorship/YP - Julia Buchheim, AIMP New York Chapter Board Member, Director of Sync Licensing, Downtown Music Publishing
- Educational Outreach - Michael Lau, AIMP
- Scholarship program - Barbie Quinn, AIMP Los Angeles Chapter Secretary, Senior Director, Administration & Publisher Relations, BMI
- Nashville Awards review - Ree Guyer, AIMP Nashville Chapter Vice President, Owner/President, Wrensong Music
- LA Spotlight Event Preview - Teri Nelson Carpenter, AIMP
- New AIMP.org website preview - Marc Caruso, AIMP Los Angeles Chapter Vice President, CEO/Co-Founder, Angry Mob Music
POWER! The Roots of Today’s Popular Music (prerecorded)
- David Porter, Songwriter/Producer, Co-Founder, MIME
- Hank Shocklee, Public Enemy, The Bomb Squad
- Sharon Tapper, AIMP NY Board Member, NY Grammy Governor, Co-Founder, NYC3 - Moderator
NYC3 Event (prerecorded)
- Beau Young Prince (Half & Half Records / Rough Trade Music Publishing)
- Jon Bryant (Nettwerk Records & Publishing)
- VÉRITÉ (AWAL Records & Kobalt Music)
- CARYS (Warner Music Canada / Atlantic Records / CCS Rights Management)
- Shawn Hook (Ultra Records / Round Hill Music)
Business of Publishing – June 8, 2021
- Mike Molinar, General Manager, Big Machine
- Kathy Spanberger, President and COO, Peermusic
- Jim Selby, Chief Publishing Executive, Concord Music
- Neil Gillis, President, Round Hill
- John Ozier, AIMP
- Tony Alexander, Co-Founder, President and Managing Director, MIME
- Michael Eames, President, PEN Music Group - Moderator
- Senator Marsha Blackburn, (R-TN)
- The US Copyright Office
- The MLC
International Day – June 9, 2021
- Will Kreth, EIDR, DDEX
- Margaret McGuffin, CEO, Music Publishers Canada
- Annette Barrett, President/Chair of the Board, IMPF/Reservoir
- Dr. Kristina Janušauskaitė, Director of European Legal Affairs, IFPI
- Michael Lau, AIMP
- Ger Hatton, Principal, Hatton.eu
Visit aimp.org for more.