Applied Acoustics Systems has announced the official release of Chromaphone 3—an all-new version of its acoustic object synthesizer for macOS and Windows.
Chromaphone 3 is a two-voice eight-physically-modeled-acoustic-resonator synthesizer with advanced editing capabilities that produce a delightful mixture of real-life presence and distinctive timbres that can’t be found anywhere else. Chromaphone 3 ships with 1000+ presets taking full advantage of its state-of-the-art acoustic object synthesis.
Here are some of Chromaphone 3’s new features:
- Home view—the Home view presents a distraction-free and laid-back browsing and tweaking experience.
- Two-Voice Multitimbral—Two independent timbres—stacked or split—create performance-friendly, texture-full, and spacious sounds.
- Macros—Four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls. Each and every sound features modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect morphing assignments that can be played in real-time for enhanced expressivity and sonic dimension.
- Browser—The brand-new browser offers an efficient way to home in on the right sounds thanks to the Packs, Sounds, Categories, and Creators views.
- Factory Library—Chromaphone 3’s factory library contains 421 never heard before sounds as well as refined versions of the 670+ Chromaphone 2 presets.
“Adding depth and dimension was the name of the game for this next iteration of our favorite synthesizer,” says Eric Thibeault, product designer at Applied Acoustics Systems. “Chromaphone 3 is now bitimbral. Combining two independent Chromaphone synthesis engines opens up a whole new world in terms of content. We’ve also added per-layer macros that allow sound designers to make sound variations an integral part of the design process. Our team of top sound designers has put together a brand new factory library which exploits these new possibilities. Additionally, each and every sound was fine-tuned to provide a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling MIDI-controlled sound transformation assignments. We're positive that you will now enjoy Chromaphone's distinctive sonic signature even more.
The Chromaphone 3 plug-ins run on both Windows and macOS in 64-bit host sequencers that support the VST2, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native, and NKS formats.
Chromaphone 3 is available now at a suggested retail price of US$199. The upgrade for Chromaphone 1 and 2 registered users is priced at $79.
Special Introductory Pricing
Until November 20, 2020, everything Chromaphone 3 is offered at special introductory pricing—as follows:
- Chromaphone 3 plug-in US$99 (50% off)
- Chromaphone 3 +PACKS synth and sound packs bundle US$189 (50% off) Chromaphone 3
- Upgrade for Chromaphone 1 and 2 users US$39 (50% off) All Chromaphone 3 sound packs US$19 (50% off)
Chromaphone 3 +PACKS bundles the Chromaphone 3 plug-in and 14 additional sound packs.
Visit Applied Acoustics Systems website here.