Amazon Music is seeking an experienced music executive to lead their Programming efforts in the US. This role will report to Amazon’s Global Head of Programming and Content Strategy and will architect playlist, station and discovery experiences for US customers, and manage the team that delivers those week-to-week. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned strategist, with an understanding of customer acquisition and engagement that contemplates all the complexities of the current digital music business. The candidate will have the skills to build on this knowledge, and deliver the best experience possible, for all music fans, and will have a proven track record of delivering results.
This leader should demonstrate strength in working cross-functionally and building consensus, with strong communication skills. The Programming team at Amazon works with counterparts across Product, Label Relations, Editorial, Marketing, Merchandising, Original Content, and Operations. This leader will enhance those relationships and play a key role in working globally with Amazon Music offices around the world, and shaping our global programming strategy.
The ideal candidate will additionally have an entrepreneurial spirit and will be highly analytical. He/she will have a reputation as a respected voice within the industry and will bring tenure and a track record of building and developing people and organizations, making data-driven decisions, identifying and adding process improvements and advocating on behalf of customers. A track record of proven experience delivering results both within and outside his/her organization is a must.
· Manage a large programming team that has depth of knowledge and expertise in all key genres.
· Set both short-term and long-term strategic goals and objectives for the programming team.
· Build out and oversee all station and playlist programming for Amazon Music customers, and apply a deep understanding of customer expectation to both.
· Shape the customer experience for engagement with music across visual platforms and Alexa-enabled devices.
· Develop relationships with content creators and the industry to build unique programming for Amazon Music customers.
· Determine the metrics and analytics that best inform our programming.
· Become an evangelist for Amazon Music
· Share expertise and best practices globally.
· Work with internal and external stakeholders to improve and expand Amazon’s content offerings to customers.
· Focus on the growth and scaling of our programming team, which includes recruiting and developing the best.
· Create an environment which motivates people to thrive in their expertise and deliver ambitious results.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
· Bachelor's Degree
· 10+ years of experience in the music industry
· 5+ years of management experience. Clear evidence of managing and motivating a team, both direct and indirect reports.
· A proven track record building customer-facing programming for a digital or online music service - or - 5+ years of building customer-facing programming across a diverse set of genres.
· A proven track record of setting and exceeding aggressive goals; evidence and history of good decisions driven by analysis, experience, and judgment.
· Proven influence and impact within the music industry.
· Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines.
· Strong quantitative analysis, problem solving and project management skills
· Master's Degree
· A proven track record of invention or innovation
· Demonstrated experience of driving process and tool improvements
· Extensive industry network with broad music industry awareness
· Strong and successful communication skills, include the ability to write compelling, concise documents.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Apply on the company site here.