Aloft Hotel and Universal Music Group & Brands (UMGB), the brand strategy division of Universal Music Group (UMG) launched the 2018 edition of Aloft Hotels’ artist discovery competition Project: Aloft Star, and unveiled the first-ever Project: Aloft Star Tour, a five-city tour celebrating UMG’s emerging artists.
Starting today, musicians can enter for a chance to win a prize that includes:
- An opportunity to record a single at the legendary Capitol Studios in Hollywood
- Mentoring from UMG’s executives which will include help selecting a song to record
- 500,000 Rewards points redeemable for Marriott International hotel stays and other rewards
This year’s Project: Aloft Star mentors, the X Ambassadors, will guide the three Project: Aloft Star finalists and help them prepare for their finale performance.
“We were lucky to have so many wonderful mentors growing up," said Sam Harris of X Ambassadors. "We're thrilled to be working with Aloft Hotels to support emerging talent as this year’s Project: Aloft Star Mentor.”
The Project: Aloft Star contest and tour is part of Marriott International’s first-of-its-kind global partnership with UMG, which has evolved to include a focus on developing emerging talent.
“Aloft Hotels has always been the brand for music makers and music lovers, but now through our collaboration with UMG, we’re able to support emerging artists in a more meaningful way than ever before,” said Toni Stoeckl, Global Brand Leader, Aloft Hotels; and Vice President, Distinctive Select Brands for Marriott International. “The opportunity to record a single with one of UMG’s prestigious labels and receive dedicated mentoring from the best in the industry is very rare, and we’re so glad to be able to bring this to emerging talent all over the world.”
Project: Aloft Star Americas Contest Details
- Starting June 12 until August 20, unsigned bands and artists across North America and in select countries in Latin America, are invited to upload up to two original songs (in video or audio format) along with a photo through alofthotels.com for consideration by a panel of judges from UMG, Aloft Hotels and live music discovery platform Bandsintown.
- The panel will select three finalists to progress to Phase II of the competition where the finalists will receive a mentoring session from X Ambassadors.
- From September 17 through October 22, fans and music lovers are encouraged to vote for their favorite of the artists.
- All three finalists will perform at the Project: Aloft Star finale at Aloft Austin Downtown on November 1. The winner will then be chosen from a combination of the public vote and the panel of judges’ scores.
For full details about the competition in all four regions, to enter the competition, or to find out about the Project: Aloft Star tour and sign up for tickets, please visit alofthotels.com.
Entry Period: No purchase nec. 18+. Ends 8/20/18.