The Recording Academy has announced the inaugural "Women In The Mix," a virtual celebration recognizing the contributions of women in music and amplifying the female voices across the industry. Taking place on International Women's Day (Monday, March 8) and kicking off GRAMMY Week 2021, "Women In The Mix" will highlight female producers, engineers, artists, and executives in the music industry and will champion women who set the tone for their own communities and work to close gender gaps on and offstage.
Following in the footsteps of the Recording Academy's Women In The Mix Pledge launched in 2019, the event will spotlight female producers and engineers in the music industry while encouraging and facilitating mentorship between established women in the industry and aspiring female music professionals.
"Women In The Mix" will take place publicly on GRAMMY.com Monday, March 8, starting at 5 p.m. PST. Panels, discussions and performances will be announced in the coming weeks.
Confirmed participants include:
- Christine Albert, Chair Emeritus, Recording Academy Board of Trustees
- Ingrid Andress, current three-time GRAMMY-nominated singer/songwriter
- Denisia "Blu June" Andrews (Nova Wav), current three-time GRAMMY-nominated songwriter
- Valeisha Butterfield Jones, Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, Recording Academy
- Brittany "Chi" Coney (Nova Wav), current three-time GRAMMY-nominated songwriter
- Rocsi Diaz, television personality
- Maureen Droney, Sr. Managing Director, Recording Academy Producers & Engineers Wing
- Chloe Flower, classical pianist & composer
- Tera Healy, Sr. Director, East Region, Recording Academy
- Tammy Hurt, Vice Chair, Recording Academy Board of Trustees
- Leslie Ann Jones, five-time GRAMMY-winning engineer and Recording Academy Trustee
- Cyndi Lauper, two-time GRAMMY-winning singer/songwriter
- EveAnna Manley, president, Manley Laboratories
- Ruby Marchand, Chief Industry Officer, Recording Academy
- Harvey Mason jr., Chair & Interim President/CEO, Recording Academy
- MC Lyte, GRAMMY-nominated rapper
- Piper Payne, mastering engineer
- Kelley Purcell, Vice President, Membership & Industry Relations, Recording Academy
- Sheila E., GRAMMY-nominated artist and percussionist
- Ebonie Smith, music producer, engineer & singer/songwriter
- Tina Tchen, president & CEO of TIME'S UP
Additional participants to be announced in the coming weeks.