Dolby Laboratories, Inc. and Universal Music Group, today announced special listening events for The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, remixed in Dolby Atmos at the illustrious Abbey Road Studios in London, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the iconic album. Listening events will take place today, June 1, at select cinemas in the United States and Canada.
Fans of The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band will be able to experience the album during these one day special events in Dolby Atmos, a state-of-the-art sound technology that places and moves sound all around the audience, including overhead, to truly immerse the audience in the music. The Dolby Atmos mix has been created by Grammy Award-winning producers Giles Martin, the son of George Martin, The Beatles’ original producer, and Abbey Road Studios senior engineer Sam Okell in collaboration with Academy Award-winning re-recording mixer Chris Jenkins.
“Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band is an album renowned for innovation and technical creativity in its storytelling,” said Michael Frey, President of Operations and Advanced Media, UMG. “To celebrate the 50th anniversary of its release, we wanted to reflect this ambition using the latest technologies. Remastering Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band in Dolby Atmos has enabled us to give fans a new way to experience this iconic album.”
For tickets and showtimes visit this link.
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band listening events will be held at the following locations:
- Chicago, IL - AMC Village Crossing 18
- Dallas-FT Worth, TX – AMC Northpark 15
- Detroit, MI – AMC Gratiot 21
- Houston, TX – AMC First Colony 24
- Las Vegas, NV – AMC Town Square 18
- Los Angeles, CA – AMC Century City 15
- New York, NY – AMC Empire 25
- Philadelphia, PA – AMC Neshaminy 24
- San Francisco, CA – AMC Metreon 16
- Washington, DC – AMC Georgetown 14
- Beauport, QC - Cinéma Cineplex Odeon Beauport
- Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Theatre Chinook
- Edmonton, AB - Scotiabank Theatre Edmonton
- Montréal, QC - Cinéma Cineplex Forum
- Toronto, ON - Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas and VIP
- Toronto, ON - Cineplex Cinemas VIP Don Mills
- Vancouver, BC - Scotiabank Theatre Vancouver
- Winnipeg, MB - SilverCity St. Vital Cinemas
Released on June 1, 1967, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band was the The Beatles’ eighth album, with tracks including ‘A Day In The Life’, ‘When I’m Sixty-Four’ and ‘With A Little Help From My Friends.’ One of the top-selling albums of all time, it spent a total of 27 weeks at the top of the charts in Britain, during an initial chart run of 148 weeks. In the US, the album spent 15 weeks at the top of the US Top 200 albums during its initial chart run of 88 weeks. More information, thebeatles.com/album/sgt-peppers-lonely-hearts-club-band